Ways To Pause Facetime Without The Other Person Noticing
Have you ever wanted to chat with your friends over Facetime, but didn’t want the other person to know that you’re doing something else? You don’t have to worry about that anymore! Here’s some ways that will help you pause the Facetime call without the other person noticing.
How do You Pause Facetime
Method 1: Unlock Your Mac and Drag the Facetime Window to The Dock
1. To get started, make sure you’ve got a friend over FaceTime with you, and pull up the app on your menu bar. Then click on “Audio” or “Video,” depending on what they’re using (the side the camera is facing). If there’s no option for you to click on, your camera is facing the wrong way and won’t pick up any video. If that’s the case, just click on “End FaceTime” and try again.
2. Now find an app or program you’d like to use while talking on FaceTime, and drag it over to your dock so you can access it easily.
3. Once your app is in your dock, click on the FaceTime window and hold down the red “X” button in the corner of the app. You’ll see a number pop up indicating how many minutes you want to keep it paused for. After that, just click “Pause.”
4. To unpause at any point, just click on the paused app in your dock and hit “Resume.”
Method 2: Use a Different Browser While On A Facetime Call
1. If you have a different browser open, like Google Chrome or Firefox, you can quickly switch back to it without notifying your friend that you’re doing anything. All you need to do is hit Command-Tilde (~) to open up a new page. If your friend doesn’t notice the window opening and closing, then they won’t know that you switched browser windows without them knowing!
2. Then you can quickly copy and paste a link from one browser to another, if necessary.
Method 3: Put a Blank Text Message On Your Lock Screen
1. If you have a friend who likes to leave long messages, this is perfect for you! You can make it look like you’re really engrossed in an important text message on your lock screen.
2. Open up the Messages app and send yourself a blank text message. Make sure that no one can see that you’re sending a text from your “Recents” list.
3. Once the message is sent, make sure to grab it and move it over to your lock screen so people don’t get suspicious of something going on behind the scenes!
4. Then whenever a notification pops up while you’re talking with someone on FaceTime, they won’t be able to tell if they’re looking over your shoulder.
Method 4: Turn the Screen Off
1. This is a really simple way of pausing Facetime because all you have to do is turn your screen off! It’s perfect for when you want to talk on FaceTime while reading something or watching another Apple video, without the other person being able to tell!
2. If you want to turn it back on in a snap, just hit Command-Shift-Eject on your keyboard and you’ll be right where you left off!
3. Just make sure that no one can see what’s going on behind the scenes when your screen is blacked out.
Method 5: Lock Your Mac To Make It Look Like You’re Not Doing Anything
1. If you want to be super sneaky during your call, you can try locking your whole computer! Here’s how .
2. Now when your friend asks if you’re doing anything, just unlock it with the password and drag another app into your dock. Then reopen FaceTime and you’re all set!
3. To switch back to another app, just click on the one in your dock and open it up like normal!
Facetime is a great tool for keeping in touch with friends and family, but sometimes you just want to use the app without anybody knowing. These methods will help you pause Facetime so your friend doesn’t know what’s going on behind the scenes!
Did these tricks help you? I hope so. If you need any other tech support, please contact Apple Customer Support . They will be happy to assist you! Get more updates on Apple’s website or just search “Apple” in google for latest news.