Windows 10 has been out for a while now, but some people are still using Windows 7. If your computer is running on Windows 7 and you’re having problems with the operating system freezing during startup, here’s how to fix it.
Windows 11 freezing on startup? Here’s how to fix it. Read more in detail here: freezes.
Vladimir Popescu’s contribution
Editor in Chief
Vladimir has a love for all things computer-related, having spent his whole life as an artist and playing professional handball. With a natural curiosity for study and analysis, and the realization that… Read more
- Many people are experiencing freezing issues with Windows 11, which is caused by a bug that is readily fixed.
- This may possibly be the consequence of another RAM-related problem on your machine.
- Using the Command Prompt is a proven method that you may use.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We suggest Restoro PC Repair Tool to repair a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer problems, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eliminate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To identify Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To address problems that are impacting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
With Windows 11, Microsoft has made a huge jump in terms of design and under-the-hood improvements. Everyone wants to use the OS now that it has been officially launched.
Windows Insiders assisted Microsoft in removing bugs and polishing the OS for general usage. However, it seems that there are still some bumps along the road.
People are complaining of their computers locking up and becoming totally unresponsive.
Thankfully, Microsoft has fixed this issue, and it can now be easily remedied. If you’ve been affected by this problem, there are a few simple fixes that will completely remove the problem.
Why does my computer freeze when I turn it on?
There are a variety of causes for your computer to freeze. Inadequate RAM (Random-Access-Memory) on your computer, sluggish secondary storage, or damaged and/or corrupted operating system data are all on the list.
The Performance tab of Task Manager will show you how much RAM is being used right now.
Though the official method to repair the problem is to remove a registry file from the Command Prompt, several customers have reported that desyncing their computer clocks helped them fix Windows 11’s freezing problem.
For your convenience, the steps to both of the previously suggested solutions are shown here, and you may solve the problem utilizing the chosen approach.
How do I get Windows 11 to stop freezing?
Use the Command Prompt to begin.
- To bring up the security screen, first use the Ctrl+Alt+Del shortcut on your keyboard. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose Task Manager.
- Then, from the menu bar, choose the File tab and then the Run new task option from the overflow menu.
- Then, in the text field, write cmd and press the OK button or Enter on your keyboard.
- Now, in the cmd window, enter or paste the following command and press Enter.
shutdown -r -t 0 HKCUSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionIrisService /f && reg remove HKCUSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionIrisService /f
Because this technique of resolving the problem involves the deletion of a registry file, many users may be hesitant to take this step on their computer. If that’s the case, the second option may be a better fit.
2. Disconnect the timepiece from the clock.
- To do so, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up the security screen. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose Task Manager.
- Now, from the top left corner, click the File tab and choose the Run new task option from the overflow menu.
- Then, in the textbox, type control and press the OK button or Enter on your keyboard to access the Control Panel.
- Locate and click the Date and Time option from the grid in the Control Panel box.
- After that, go to the Internet Time tab and choose the Change settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Uncheck the option to synchronize with an Internet time server in the overlay window, then click the OK button to confirm and dismiss it.
- Then, on the Date and Time page, choose the Change date and time option.
- Select a day that is at least 3-4 days ahead of the current date from the overlay window, then click OK to confirm and dismiss the window.
- Finally, on the taskbar, choose the Start Menu icon. Then, to restart the computer, choose the Restart option.
How can I keep Windows 11 from freezing when it boots up?
There are many ways to ensure that a Windows 11 machine does not freeze when it starts up. To begin, make sure you don’t have any superfluous starting applications activated to guarantee that the CPU isn’t overworked when the computer boots up.
The Task Manager allows you to deactivate the start-up applications.
Next, perform a DISM scan on the computer to ensure there are no corrupted or damaged OS files, which will allow you to correct the problems and restore the health of your PC.
If you notice a sudden decrease in system speed and activities like browsing directories or launching applications are taking longer than normal, it’s time to get your PC’s RAM and ROM examined, since they play an important part in system behavior.
Although Windows 11 freezing on startup is an inconvenient and irritating problem, it can be remedied quite simply. Furthermore, since Microsoft has fixed the issue, you may be certain that you will not have a similar situation in the foreseeable future.
If you have any further questions or ideas for us, please let us know in the comments area below, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix windows freezing on startup?
Windows typically freezes when it is loading files in the background. You can try to disable your anti-virus software or other software that may be causing the issue.
Why is my PC freezing when I start it up?
This is due to not having enough RAM. If youre using a laptop, try installing more RAM.
How do I fix the Start menu in Windows 11?
To fix the Start menu in Windows 11, you will need to go into the Control Panel and then select Appearance and Personalization from there. From there, click on Themes and then click on Personalize my PC. From there, you can change the theme of your PC.
- startup company