The iPhone is one of the most popular phones in today’s market. Many people use it for talking to others, surfing the web, checking emails, and even taking pictures. It is obvious that this phone does more than just make phone calls.
However, did you know that you can actually use your iPhone as a microphone for video chatting or recording? It’s true! There is just one simple accessory that you need to add, and then you can start video chatting or creating voice memos like a professional.
How to use the microphone on your iPhone
To turn your iPhone into a microphone, simply purchase an adapter. This accessory will allow you to plug your earphones or headphones into the headphone jack on your phone. You can purchase this product at any electronics store, such as Best Buy.
The adapter is very easy to use and is simple to install. All you need to do is plug the earphones into the adapter, plug it into your iPhone’s headphone jack, and then you’re ready to start recording.
How to use video chat on your iPhone
If you would like to video chat with someone on your iPhone, simply follow the steps below.
- Launch the application that you would like to use for video chatting (i.e., Skype).
- Add a contact. If they are not already in your contacts list, add them by searching their name or email address.
- If you would like, you can add more than one contact to your video chat. You can also mute or end your call whenever you would like.
This is what it takes for you to use the microphone on your iPhone. Although this may not seem like a big deal, most people do not know that they can voice or video chat simply by adding an accessory to their phone.
How to record a video using your iPhone
It is extremely simple to record a video using your iPhone. All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Search for an application that allows you to record videos (examples include iMovie or Video Recorder Pro). There are tons of free apps available on the App Store. You can download them by going into your “iTunes”, selecting “Apps”, and scrolling to the bottom of the page. Once you have downloaded an app, launch it.
- Adjust your settings (video quality, frame rate, etc.). All apps will be different; however, they all give you this option.
- Press record. This is the fun part since it will allow you to record whatever you want. You can use this feature for business or pleasure, but regardless of your intentions, be sure that you are having a good time!
- Edit your video if necessary. Most apps come with an editing option that allows you to add music, titles, and transitions to your video. If you do not feel like editing your video, that is fine too! You can always go back and edit it later.
These are the steps required for you to use your iPhone as a microphone for recording purposes. Recording videos on your phone has never been easier, so give it a shot today!
Where is the microphone on iphone 6s
The microphone of the iPhone 6s is located at the bottom left side of the phone, just above where you would plug in your headphones.
It can be seen on both variants (regular and plus) when you look at them from the front.
Lastly, if you have an iPhone that allows you to record videos and voice memo with the use of an adapter, then this is a very simple process.
All you need to do is go out and purchase an adapter at any electronics store such as Best Buy.