When you first set up your Fitbit, you’ll be asked to set the time. This is important because all of your data-including your steps, calories burned, and sleep-is tracked relative to the time of day.It’s easy to adjust the time on your Fitbit if it is displaying the wrong time. You can also use this guide to help change the time zone on your Fitbit so that you’re always seeing accurate times no matter where you are in the world.
How to adjust time on fitbit
If you need to adjust the time on your Fitbit for any reason, it’s easy to do. Just follow these steps:
- Log into your Fitbit account.
- Click the “Account” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Personal Information” section and click “Edit Profile.”
- Find the “Time Zone” setting and make sure it’s set to the correct time zone for your location.
- If the time zone is correct but the time is still off, click the “Set Clock” button and enter the correct time.
- Click “Save.”
And that’s it! Your Fitbit will now be tracking data relative to the correct time.
How to tell the time on your Fitbit if you don’t have a clock or phone nearby
If you don’t have a clock or phone nearby, there are still a few ways to check the time on your Fitbit:
- On the Fitbit app: Open the app and look at the top-right corner. The time will be displayed next to the date.
- On certain Fitbit devices: If your device has an OLED display, you can check the time by double-tapping the display.
- On desktop: If you’re logged into your Fitbit account on a computer, the time will be displayed in the top-right corner.
- On web: The time is also displayed in the top-right corner when you’re logged into your account on Fitbit’s website.
What are some of the benefits of having the correct time on your Fitbit
There are a few benefits to having the correct time on your Fitbit:
- You’ll be able to see accurate data for your steps, calories burned, and sleep.
- If you have friends or family who also have Fitbits, you can compare data more easily if everyone’s clocks are synced.
- You can more easily participate in Fitbit challenges and other community events when the time is set correctly.
- If you use a Fitbit app on your phone, the time will be synced and you’ll always have the correct time displayed.
Drawbacks of an incorrect time on your Fitbit
There are a few drawbacks to having an incorrect time on your Fitbit:
- Your steps, calories burned, and sleep data may be inaccurate.
- You may have difficulty syncing your data with the Fitbit app if the time is off by more than 12 hours.
- If you use a Fitbit app on your phone, the time may be synced and you’ll always have the correct time displayed.
Having the wrong time zone set on your Fitbit can also cause problems. For example, if you’re in a different time zone than your Fitbit, you may see inaccurate data for steps, calories burned, and sleep. To fix this, you can change the time zone on your Fitbit.