Can’t uninstall Chromium? Try these quick solutions
If you’ve been trying to uninstall Chrome and can’t seem to get rid of the remnants, try these quick solutions for removing Chromium from your computer.
The “how to uninstall chromium permanently” is a problem that many users are facing. There are several solutions for this issue, but some of them may not work for you.
Madalina has been a Windows user since she initially installed Windows XP on her computer. She is fascinated by all things technological, particularly new technologies such as artificial intelligence and DNA computing.
10th of December, 2021
Publish date: August 2020
- Users often make the error of downloading Chrome from locations other than Google’s official website.
- It corrupts the built-in uninstaller when downloaded from a fraudulent pop-up or commercial website.
- Make a note of our Troubleshooting section in your bookmarks if you want to read more relevant articles.
- Similar problems may be resolved by using the solutions from our Browsers Hub.
Are you having trouble with your current browser? Upgrade to a newer version: Opera You are entitled to a better browser! Every day, 350 million people use Opera, a full-featured navigation experience with a variety of built-in packages, reduced resource use, and a beautiful look. Here are some examples of what Opera can do:
- Simple migration: transfer existing data, such as bookmarks, passwords, and so on, using the Opera helper.
- Optimize resource usage: compared to other browsers, your RAM memory is utilized more effectively.
- Increased privacy: a free and unlimited VPN is included.
- There are no advertisements since they are built-in. Ad Blocker reduces the time it takes for websites to load and protects you from data mining.
- Gaming-friendly: Opera GX is the world’s first and finest gaming browser.
- Opera may be downloaded here.
Google’s open-source web browser, Chromium, was first distributed to us in 2008. However, due to its quickness and simplistic design, it is still in use today.
In addition, other developers may access the Chromium source and utilize it to construct a variety of browsers. Individuals that create such browsers have been known to utilize them as a platform for unwanted information.
This exposes your Windows 10 machine to several security dangers.
If you can’t remove Chromium, it’s likely that you got it from somewhere other than Google’s official page.
The fake Chromium adds a toolbar to the top of your screen and corrupts the built-in uninstaller, making it impossible to remove.
We offer some suggestions regarding how to get rid of Chromium. However, once you’ve uninstalled Chromium, we recommend using decent antivirus software to clear any infected files for a longer-lasting impact.
What is the best way to get rid of Chromium?
1. Use a different browser.
Opera is a good choice to consider if you want a browser that doesn’t slow down your computer or use a lot of RAM.
It’s a fast, dependable browser with a slew of additional free features thrown in for good measure. One of Opera’s most impressive features is Speed Dial, which, as the name implies, enables accessing your favorite websites simpler and faster than ever before.
The built-in adblocker will prevent adverts from bothering you, as well as being distracting and slowing down page loading times. Pages will load 90 percent quicker if you use this adblocker.
If you want even more speed, the keyboard shortcuts are the next feature Opera has created for you. You may create shortcuts for all of your browsing operations.
This is the best option if you want a trustworthy browser with a fast connection and a versatile and easy-to-customize UI!
2. Make use of an uninstaller program
Install a specific program that will automatically uninstall Chromium from your computer before doing any of the methods described below.
Uninstaller software is a set of tools that may help you remove any obstinate or harmful program from your computer. They’re really simple to use; all you have to do is choose the program you wish to uninstall.
Furthermore, many uninstaller programs have optimization capabilities that keep your PC clean and running smoothly.
3. Use the Control Panel to uninstall Chromium.
- To uninstall a software, go to the Control Panel and choose Uninstall a program.
- From the list of apps, choose Chromium.
- At the top of the list, click the Uninstall button.
- In the confirmation dialog box, choose Uninstall.
- Then, in your AppData folder, remove the Chromium folder altogether.
- To ensure that all Chromium files and folders have been entirely gone, empty your Recycle Bin.
- Your computer should be restarted.
4. Using All Programs, uninstall Chromium.
- Select Start Menu from the Start Menu drop-down menu.
- Look for Chromium.
- Choose Uninstall Chromium after clicking on the Chromium folder.
- In the confirmation dialog box, choose Uninstall.
If you have any questionable plug-ins or extensions as a result of Chromium, we’ve provided some instructions on how to swiftly remove them from different browsers.
SECURITY TIP FOR YOUR BROWSER IN A MINUTE
Keep in mind that browser extensions or add-ons are often exploited by hackers to steal information from your computer or acquire control over it, regardless of the browser solution you use on your computer.
As a consequence, find any questionable browser add-ons that have recently been installed, choose those that seem suspect, and delete them. Because prevention is always preferable than treatment, removing extensions that seem to be dangerous is always the best option.
Have the methods outlined above made a difference? Please let us know in the comments section below.
Are you still experiencing problems? Use this tool to fix them:
- Download this TrustPilot.com-rated PC Repair Tool (download starts on this page).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To repair faults with Patented Technologies, click Repair All (Exclusive Discount for our readers).
This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
There are currently 1 comment(s).
Watch This Video-
The “how to uninstall chromium using cmd” is a solution that can be used if you are having trouble uninstalling the browser. This article will show you how to remove Chromium from your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I manually uninstall Chromium?
A: To manually uninstall Chromium, open the installation folder and drag chromium to the recycle bin.
Why is Chromium still on my computer?
A: Chromium is a browser that can be used as an alternative to Chrome. It aims for security, speed and privacy by eliminating the tracking features of most other browsers.
How do I stop Chromium from opening on startup?
A: There is no way to stop Chromium from automatically opening on startup. You can, however, change its behavior so that it does not open when you start your computer or laptop. To do this, go into the Open With options in Windows Settings and select another browser for starting up with Windows 10 or choose a different program using the explorer bar.
- iobit uninstaller
- how to uninstall chromium windows 7
- how to uninstall chromium windows 10
- chromium not showing in control panel
- how to uninstall jxbrowser-chromium.