If you’re new to the iPhone or just upgrading from an older model, this guide will help you get started with setting up and using your new iPhone 13. This guide covers all the basic steps, from turning on your new iPhone 13 to downloading apps and customizing your settings. So let’s get started!
SETTING UP YOUR IPHONE 13
1. Turn on your new iPhone 13 by pressing and holding the power button (located on the right side of the device) until you see the Apple logo appear.
2. Once your iPhone 13 is turned on, you’ll be greeted by the “Hello” screen. From here, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of the screen to begin the setup process.
3. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to choose your language. Select your preferred language and tap “Next.”
4. On the following screen, you’ll need to connect to a Wi-Fi network in order to continue with the setup process. Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network you’d like to join, enter the password if prompted, and then tap “Join.”
5. Once you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network, you’ll be asked to choose whether or not you’d like to enable Location Services on your device. Location Services uses GPS and other location data to provide features like Maps and Siri. If you’d like to enable these features, tap “Enable Location Services.” If not, tap “Don’t Enable.”
6. Next, you’ll be asked to set up Touch ID or Face ID on your device. This will allow you to use your fingerprint or facial recognition to unlock your device and make purchases. If you’d like to set up Touch ID or Face ID now, tap “Set Up Now.” If not, tap “Not Now.”
7. On the following screen, you’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap “Forgot Your Apple ID?” and follow the instructions on the screen to create a new one. If you do have an Apple ID, enter your email address and password, then tap “Sign In.”
8. On the next screen, you’ll be asked to choose whether or not you’d like to enable iCloud Keychain on your device. iCloud Keychain is a password management system that stores your passwords and other sensitive information in the cloud. If you’d like to enable iCloud Keychain, tap “Enable.” If not, tap “Don’t Enable.”
9. Next, you’ll be asked to set up Siri. Siri is Apple’s virtual assistant that can help you with tasks like sending messages, setting timers, and more. If you’d like to enable Siri, tap “Enable Siri.” If not, tap “Don’t Enable.”
10. On the following screen, you’ll be asked to choose whether or not you’d like to enable Hey Siri. Hey Siri allows you to activate Siri without pressing any buttons by simply saying “Hey Siri.” If you’d like to enable Hey Siri, tap “Enable.” If not, tap “Don’t Enable.”
11. Next, you’ll be asked to choose whether or not you’d like to send diagnostic and usage data to Apple. This data helps Apple improve its products and services. If you’d like to enable this feature, tap “Share With App Developers.” If not, tap “Don’t Share.”
What is portrait orientation on iphone
Portrait orientation is when you hold your iPhone up so that the long side is vertical and the short side is horizontal. This is the default orientation for most apps, and it’s how you’ll take photos with the built-in camera unless you change the setting. To change to landscape orientation, tap the Portrait Orientation Lock button in the Control Center.